Friday, March 19, 2010

Pursuit of Dreams

After 24 years of my life, I wonder how many years have I spent leading my life the way I wished!

Dil hai chhota sa chhoti si aasha :-)

Undoubtedly, this is one of the most meaningful songs I have ever heard. Nearly twenty years old, I find this number so fresh and everytime I listen, it reverberates in me - What are you doing to chase your dreams? Our lives are so heavily filled with desires. But I wonder, how many of us dare to fulfill them.

I feel most of us are trapped in the boundaries laid by our ancestors, society that is constantly watching us, fear that, we may see ourselves in the extreme left of a success measuring scale in the pursuit of our dreams. We fail to understand that, we are forgoing our happiness making our lives more miserable in not crossing the red-boundaries. We are letting our dreams wither away in leading the monotonous lives.

I was trying to find answers to a maelstrom of questions continuously bothering me
- what you wanted your life to be?
- how far have you reached from your dreams?
- have you reached a stage where is no looking back?
- given a chance, will you start living your dreams? etc. etc...

If only, for once, we listened to our hearts without giving a damn about the external factors which have been so harsh on us, trying to dictate our lives, making ourselves lose our identities!






2 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. very well said about dreams. But then if one dares to dream and follow it one should also be ready to face the societal flak and that takes a big toll unless one is ready. It is really sad that our dreams are to be in conformance to societal norms and standards. If not be ready for one helluva fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Mansi!! Though you are ready to face the consequences in case you fail to achieve, the society won't let you!

    ReplyDelete