Monday, August 16, 2010

Sports and I

                 I have always had a terrible experience playing any sport. My sole achievement in sports till date is winning a First Prize in Slow-cycling competition when I was a 12-year-old girl. I have always wondered what it takes for one to excel in sports. My relation with sports has always been worse. As a kid, I used to follow the tennis matches on DD-1, the only source of entertainment

                Sometime back, I tried my hand in bowling again. To my dismay, I scored the least in all four games. Last year, I tried to play tennis with my tennis-maniac husband and ended up injuring my shoulder. After series of failures, I am not a player, just a sports-watcher is what I have surmised. Though my records have always been low, I enjoy watching so much that, my heroes have always been sports-persons. All my teenage crushes were cricketers and not film stars ;) I have been a huge fan of Sachin Tendulkar and tennis star Roger Federer. Few years ago, I used to be an aficionado of F1 too.

              I used to wonder that I might be lucky at least in playing indoor games. To my chagrin, I am bad in that either. I am probably one of the worst carrom players. I can't hold a cue properly in snooker let alone striking a cue-ball :P...
              
              With this terrible history of my connection with sports, I almost gave up playing anything. But now, I have finally decided to start afresh by learning tennis from none other than my husband ;). After my first session, I feel, I should wrap his mouth with a piece of cloth, while we are playing. I have heard from many that, husbands are the worst teachers. Let me see... how long I remain hooked to tennis!






No comments:

Post a Comment