Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Dasara

               Happy Dasara to all the viewers of my blog :-)

            This is one of my favorite festivals since my childhood days. I always liked Dasara(Navaratri) more than Deepavali. The very idea of arranging dolls fascinated me. "Bombe pradarshana" in kannada means - displaying the dolls. As a kid, I arranged all the dolls, souvenirs and some attractive flower vases on a small table in my house and invited my friends from my dance class to have a glimpse of the arrangement. 


            This year too, I arranged the dolls in my house. I was afraid, that my school commitments could come in the way of Dasara celebration. Thankfully, it didn't. Unlike my childhood days, when arranging the dolls was just fun, I now feel, I have grown up to be a more matured individual. I see "bombe pradarshana" more as a passion combined with responsibility.

             I have posted a few pictures of the arrangement.







8 comments:

  1. Very very nice! Well done nandini! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of passion combined with responsibility is really excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur creativity is reflected in the way u have decorated the dolls n idols of the deities :)... very nice work! Wish i cud hv seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot all of you :)... I wish each one of you had seen this in person.

    @therada anche: You aren't supposed to keep even number of steps for bombe alankaara... Since I ran short of the dolls, I arranged the third step with 2 teddys I had...

    ReplyDelete