Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hello Again

           After a short hiatus, I am back on blogging arena.  I recently enrolled in 2 part time courses in a near-by community college. I had to accustom myself to the new change in my daily chores which explains why my "blogosphere" went to a hibernate mode. I have taken up a course in Marketing and the other in Journalism, both of which I was keen on learning from a tutor to make my skills more professional.


          The marketing course I am currently studying gives an insight on how a company should view the market place, understand the needs, wants of customers, marketing environment that can affect the business, buying behavior of the customers etc. Well, I don't want to go more technical into the subject. All I can say at this stage is am lovin' it. So, if you or your organization needs a marketing manager, here I am :-).
 
         In journalism, I am pursuing a feature writing course. I could say, I have to start from learning the alphabet in journalism. I am happy that, I have a wonderful instructor who makes learning, writing more passionate. I am learning a lot from this course. The very first lesson I learnt was, the job of a reporter is to get the news right, keeping it objective, targeting the news and not the news-makers(who-so-ever it could be). Unfortunately this principle is hardly followed these days. When you read a movie review, you see the reviewer saying a word or two about the actor. An actor plays a great role in making a movie good. But an actor is not responsible if the movie turns out a box-office disaster.

       From now on, I have decided to post my feature stories. I wish you guys could highlight my positives, mistakes and help me take corrective measures.




No comments:

Post a Comment