Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One life - live it

            Few months back, I read "Last Lecture". Yes, I know, I should have listened to the lecture. I prefer reading than listening or watching. So, I chose the former. A lot of professors are invited to give Last Lectures. A professor has to keep in mind that, his death is imminent. So, what does he want to impart to others in his last lecture before leaving this world forever? With regard to Randy Pausch, former professor at CMU, this was indeed his ultimate lecture since he was suffering from pancreatic cancer then. But surprisingly, the last lecture from a 45-year-old man nearing his death was more filled with life than a person who had breathed 80 years without living completely.

          One thing, I realized from Randy's lecture is that, you must implement whatever you plan and should never regret about not doing so. Only by executing all plans will you really live life to the fullest. His last lecture was more rejuvenating than actually it should have been given his deteriorating health. No wonder, there is always a paucity of time, energy, resources etc. But overcoming all odds is the only solution. I feel, we are all crazy about several things in our life. After reading the inspirational book, I started noting down all those crazy or whatever it be things I wanted to accomplish in my life. My list seems to be endless. His words resonate in my mind so much that, whenever I think about something impossible, the gut-feeling I got after reading his lecture, makes me take up the task seriously.

          This book, undoubtedly was an eye-opener to me. It  gave an insight into how you should lead your life, do whatever you wish, etc. Trust me, if you happen to read the book or listen to his lecture or if you have already done either or both, then you should start applying it in your lives. You will surely realize how worthy you could be. You will not just breathe but you will live your life. After all it is one life - live it.









No comments:

Post a Comment