Friday, October 23, 2009

Resolution

I have always been blamed by my parents, brother, husband, and friends for my shrewd temper. I am never able to control my temper. This is something I should fight. Off late, I have myself felt the need to check my temper. The funniest thing is if my mom says me to be calm and not get excited over small issues, I get excited again! But is it really good? Obviously not good for health. But above all, I have realized the after-effects of short-tempered nature. I don't think I gain anything juggling over small issues. Given a situation, it is better to calm down, relax, think and then react rather than uttering something in haste and later regretting over having done so. I have been wondering about this for quite sometime. It is high time I calmed down. I have resovled to change myself. Better late than never :)

6 comments:

  1. it is not bad to get angry,but to utter expletives like "ok harmeet!" is a sin :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anger, if in control, is an excellent positive emotion :) But between the stimulus and the response,lies your greatest power of choice.How well you can think in that gap determines the consequence :) Always respond; never react!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Harmeet: Ok Harmeet :P.. hehe :)

    @Jaideep: Yeah, you are right. It is always better to respond... In order to respond, one needs to calm down, think... unlike react, where one utters something in haste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashok hattira kelu hege yaavaagaloo cool and calm aagirabahudu annuva secret annu helikodtare.Atleast eegalaadaroo kalitukollamma jaanamari.

    ReplyDelete