Saturday, October 3, 2009

A musical evening with a pleasant surprise

We had been to a music concert at a nearby temple. The performing artist was from Bangalore, Sri Shashidhar Kote. I had decided to attend the concert till the end, regardless of when it ended. It has perhaps for 2 reasons - My husband and I are fans of Indian music, especially when such divine artists are performing, we wouldn't want to miss. Another reason, I have fond memories of going to Kote uncle's house as a 13 year old girl. I had received some dance tips from his wife Seeta who is now a popular face in ETV soaps. Infact, she had taught me the steps for some of Kote's songs too :).

I was eagerly waiting to meet Kote uncle ever since he came to US. However I had never been able to attend any of his concerts all these days. And as soon as I got to know about his concert last evening through my relative, thanks to her, we decided to go!. Kote uncle performed with the same ardor as he used to a decade ago. The audience too persuaded him to continue beyond the schedule. That explains how audience were bowled out by his performance.

Now, the most interesting part of the program. As soon as it ended, I went to talk to him. Since it was more that a decade that, I was meeting him in person, I thought of all possible things, relations and even the songs which his wife had taught me to introduce myself. Kote uncle as modest as always he is, spoke with me when I went up to him. To my surprise, with little introduction he could remember me. I was humbled by the artist's memory. I was just any other ordinary girl who used to go to his house for some dance tips.. a decade ago. And he still remembered me :). He even introduced me to his brother and few people there. He was also overwhelmed to see me there!!!. It was my biggest surprise.

The music concert had already made me high and then with uncle remembering me, I was totally on cloud nine!!!

2 comments:

  1. what does his brother do?he too was the part of the concert performing with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His bro is a s|w engg.. but he was just present that day... he neither sings nor plays any instru...

    ReplyDelete