Thursday, August 20, 2009

Gandhi Bazaar to El Camino

Whenever I remember shopping in Bangalore, the most common hang-outs that come to my mind are - Gandhi Bazaar-DVG Road, Garuda Mall at MG Road, Bangalore Central, 4th Block Jayanagar, Commercial Street. I didn't really used to hang-out in Malleshwaram... or it didn't require me to go there. However Gandhi Bazaar was my most favorite hang-out. I remember going there everyday during my vacations. One of my friends had even asked me - Do u own some shop in Gandhi Bazaar??!!!!!... After having lived in the nearby area for nearly 18 years, I can proudly say that - I know every nook and corner of Gandhi Bazaar.

But here, I think, the road that makes me nostalgic is the Historic El Camino Real. Right from day one in Santa Clara, we have been shopping only in the Indian Stores, or some American stores in this street, with few exceptions. Even the Urgent Care I went to when I injured my palm was located in this street. The plants we bought were also from a shop on the El Camino...

Now, can I say, El Camino is Gandhi Bazaar's counterpart here???
Sometimes yes... sometimes no!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment