Thursday, August 13, 2009

A perfect beginning

I am posting my first post today with the intention to continue blogging unlike how I did start blogging a year ago and lose interest after posting 3-4 posts.

At this point in time, I am a home-maker, student, trying to keep myself occupied in singing, cooking, reading novels and any random thing I am coming across. Right now, I am learning a song sung by SPB and Janaki http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgPUvHyYOVc. I am trying to concentrate on the nuances of the song which I am currently learning... It involves a number of swaras. I surmise that it is composed in raaga shivaranjini, one of the ragas which music directors have always used to compose touchy songs.. like tere mere beech mein in Ek Duje ke liye, mere naina , which are difficult to erase from one's memory. However this song is special in its own way. A sculpture or an idol is just a posture made by carving the rocks... The poet thinks of these sculptures singing... which is impossible... but he imagines how it could be when they sing... it sounds fantastic...

I am listening to the original song as well as one of the competitors in a competition. Her rendition too is excellent.. since it showcases her ability to render such a complicated song without making mistakes on a stage peformance... Also, listening to stage performances enable to focus more on the nuances of the song unlike a studio recorded one which includes multiple effects on the song. On a stage, a singer sings more slowly in order to allow the audience to get the lyrics and the tunes properly.


1 comment:

  1. bumped into it only today...great job!! I have always wanted to start my own blog....dunno what I m waiting for...every time i decide...i have something more important...or at least i feel so...exam,project or when there is nothing...sleep!!..I hope I can set sometime aside in the near future n do something that I always wanted to! anyway keep it goin...

    ReplyDelete