Monday, August 31, 2009

Music is no child's play

I am trying to learn some movie songs. This time, with a difference, I want to learn some Kannada songs. I have listened to many of the Kannada hit numbers before - ranging from melodious songs, romantic, sad ones to item numbers. But I had never tried to sing them myself. I attribute it mostly to my North Indian friends' influence. I have always had tremendous respect for the lyricists, singers, directors(though not the film stars!!!... I apologize Kannada enthusiasts). This is probably the first time I am trying my hands on learning Kannada songs. Now, I really admire the songs in a different way. I have started to admire the beauty of the songs, the complexity involved in learning, singing and above all getting them perfect.

Now, I have come to realize that, music no matter which ever language it is composed in has its own complexities. I envy those singers who sing with such profound skills, who can make wonderful impact on people like us with their impeccable voices... Jai ho :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment