Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Missing Amma's kitchen

I have been feeling something odd about my eating habits. It didn't take me long to realize what exactly I was feeling. I have to eat whatever I cook. Probably this is what is troubling me the most. Few months back, the situation was completely different. I never had to enter the kitchen. I was always served with varieties of dishes by my sweet mom. With my cooking, I feel happy to cook for others than to cook for myself.

When I initially started feeling this way, I thought, I had to take a break and eat out. But however things didn't work. Inspite of eating some specialities like kadai paneer, pizza, etc., I still feel the same. Probably, I need to eat my mom's food. But right now, since it can't be accomplished, I feel, I should eat some home-made food not cooked by me. At present, this looks like a better option.

Now, I can use this as an excuse to let my husband do the cooking :P

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... missing mom-cooked food.. Even I miss it a lot of times especially now when i am expecting:( Come over to my place and I will cook for you and we can spend some time together ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congrats :)... didn't know about it... you should come to our house sometime for dinner... talk to u in detail... catch u online sometime :)...

    ReplyDelete