Saturday, August 15, 2009

Titles can be misleading

I watched 500 days of summer today. Overall the movie was good. It was simple except for the fact that, during the entire course of the movie, one goes through the numbers (here I mean to say, day 1, day 2...) from 1 to 500 not necessarily in a order. The movie begins with some day in late 200s, comes back to 1, again to some 200s. I was wondering whether or not the movie ends with 500. Hopefully it did. The most misleading thing (perhaps I was misled because of my lack of experience in watching movies), was about the title of movie. The summer in the title I thought was in reference with the seasons - summer, winter, spring and autumn. But I was taken aback to know that, the leading female character's name was "Summer".

This was perhaps the first "angrezi" movie I liked which I watched in theater after coming to US.

No comments:

Post a Comment