Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is it really different?

I was reading some post on Aamir Khan's blog sometime back. His blog is quite simple, down to earth. His star status is not evident from his blog. This is what is more appealing. But what struck me the most was the number of comments he had received. The most simple post, like - will keep you all posted and such dull posts too have recevied atleast 500 comments. But is it really worth commenting? Why do so many people follow his blog or rather a film star's blog so seriously?
I initially brushed aside thinking - people are mad. I guess, by commenting, people feel they can get to communicate with their star. But then, does he really have time and patience to look into their comments? Is it because of the big names he uses in his blogs. I went through some of his posts randomly where he does mention some names like Genelia, Imran Khan and few names of some big directors and producers. So, I felt, probably this makes people follow his blog so ardently. I guess people are curious to know about his life-style, what he does etc.

At the end of the day, if people like you or I have team meetings or talk to our colleagues, managers etc, Aamir Khan talks to his co-stars, and directors who are some of the big names in the tinsel town.


No comments:

Post a Comment